SKY keen to make crucial changed in India Playing XI for IND vs AUS 2nd T20I
India clinched a stunning win in the first IND vs AUS 1st T20I. Up next, India gets ready to beat the Aussies again as the two formidable foes gear up for another exciting clash. But Suryakumar Yadav will be tempted to make a couple of changes to the India Playing XI for the 2nd T20I. Ravi Bishnoi and Prasidh Krishna who leaked runs are likely to be replaced by Washington Sundar and Avesh Khan.
India had a poor outing in terms of the bowling department in the first game. Both Prasidh Krishna and Ravi Bishnoi scalped a wicket each but managed to leak 50 & 54 runs respectively. Australia’s Steve Smith and Josh Inglis battered the Indian bowling lineup as the Men in Yellow scored 208 runs.
But a brilliant batting display courtesy of Suryakumar Yadav and Ishan Kishan was enough to help India clinch a last-ball thriller. But SKY will not be able to take such a risk again, thereby he is likely to bring in Washington Sundar and Avesh Khan with the hopes of concerning fewer runs and getting more wickets.
What to Expect from India Playing XI
- Yashasv Jaiswal and Ruturaj Gaikwad will retain their spots as the opening duo and will get yet another chance to prove their worth ahead of the T20 World Cup.
- Ishan Kishan and SKY will form the dependable core in the top and middle order and will look to continue their fine form.
- Down the order, Tilak Varma will act as an anchor while Rinku Singh and Axar Patel will don the role of finishers in the team.
- Up next comes the bowling attack. Mukesh Kumar was the highlight in pace bowling and will retain his spot with Arshdeep Singh.
- The pace duo will be added with yet another youngster, Avesh Khan who will look to prove his worth.
- Lastly, comes Washington Sundar, handy with the bat and can provide a batting option at Number 8 after Axar Patel and is an able bowler who can get quite a few wickets.
India squad for IND vs AUS T20 series: Suryakumar Yadav (Captain), Ruturaj Gaikwad (vice-captain), Ishan Kishan, Yashasvi Jaiswal, Tilak Varma, Rinku Singh, Jitesh Sharma (wk), Washington Sundar, Axar Patel, Shivam Dubey, Ravi Bishnoi, Arshdeep Singh, Prasidh Krishna, Avesh Khan, Mukesh Kumar, Shreyas Iyer (from 4th T20)