The ever-consistent New Zealand side have managed to secure semi-final berth and will be eyeing to advance to their third consecutive World Cup final. The Kiwis will face hosts India in IND vs NZ Cricket World Cup semi-final at the Wankhede Stadium in Mumbai on November 15.
The Kane Williamson-led side will enter the semi-final as ‘underdogs’ against Team India who have been undefeated so far. The side faced a few hiccups in the middle phase of the tournament with injuries to theur key players but they will have a settled and fit squad to pick from for the big clash.
New Zealand all-rounder James Neesham, who was ruled out for the Sri Lanka clash due to a wrist injury, will return in playing XI and is likely to replace Mark Chapman.
With the Wankhede Stadium pitch set to be a batting paradise, James Neesham’s powerhitting could come handy at death.
The all-rounder will also have a big role to play with the ball as pacers will get some assistance in the game.
NZ Playing XI – What to expect?
- Devon Conway and Rachin Ravindra will continue to open the innings.
- Kane Williamson, who is recovering from thumb injury, will continue to play despite the injury.
- Tom Latham will keep the wickets.
- Daryl Mitchell, Glenn Phillips, and James Neesham will be the three all-rounders for the side.
- Mitchell Santner will lead the spin attack
- Tim Southee, Trent Boult, and Lockie Ferguson will be the pace spearheads in IND vs NZ game.
New Zealand’s Probable Playing XI vs IND
- Devon Conway
- Rachin Ravindra
- Kane Williamson (c)
- Daryl Mitchell
- Glenn Phillips
- Tom Latham (wk)
- James Neesham
- Mitchell Santner
- Tim Southee
- Lockie Ferguson
- Trent Boult
New Zealand Squad: Devon Conway, Rachin Ravindra, Kane Williamson(c), Daryl Mitchell, Mark Chapman, Glenn Phillips, Mitchell Santner, Tom Latham(w), Tim Southee, Lockie Ferguson, Trent Boult, Ish Sodhi, Kyle Jamieson, James Neesham, Will Young