India Cricket Team will go unchanged in their match against the Netherlands, aiming to continue their unbeaten streak in the Cricket World Cup group stage. Skipper Rohit Sharma is determined to avoid any complacency and will stick with the same playing XI for the IND vs NED World Cup clash, using it as a dress rehearsal for the semi-finals.
No Place for Complacency
Rohit Sharma and Rahul Dravid will be keen to stick to their winning combination. The Men in Blue cannot afford to underestimate the Netherlands team, which has already proven its strength by defeating South Africa and Bangladesh.
Virat Kohli One step away from World Record
Virat Kohli is on the verge of breaking a World record. In the previous match against South Africa, he scored his 49th ODI century to match the great Sachin Tendulkar. One more ODI century and Kohli will surpass Tendulkar to hold the record for the most ODI tons in International Cricket.
India squad announcement after WC semis, Hardik unlikely for IND vs AUS T20 series
What to expect from Indian Playing XI – Dress Rehearsal for Semis
- Rohit Sharma and Shubman Gill will continue as the Indian opening pair.
- Virat Kohli is in top form and aiming for another century to set a World Record.
- Shreyas Iyer and KL Rahul will have the opportunity to score crucial runs in the middle order.
- Suryakumar Yadav and Ravindra Jadeja will be the designated finishers.
- The pace trio of Jasprit Bumrah, Mohammed Siraj, and Mohammed Shami will be in action.
- Kuldeep Yadav will accompany Jadeja as the second spinner in the team.
Imran Khan highly unlikely in World Cup ceremony after court postpones hearing without bail
India Squad for Cricket World Cup 2023
Batters: Rohit Sharma, Shubman Gill, Virat Kohli, Shreyas Iyer, Suryakumar Yadav
WKs: Ishan Kishan, KL Rahul (VC)
Seam all-rounders: Shardul Thakur
Spin all-rounders: Ravindra Jadeja, Ravichandran Ashwin
Seamers: Jasprit Bumrah, Mohammad Shami, Mohammed Siraj, Prasidh Krishna
Spinner: Kuldeep Yadav