The visitors suffered a 44-run defeat on Sunday, November 26 to go 2-0 down in the 5-match series.
After two back-to-back defeats, a desperate Australia is likely to make few changes to their Playing XI to avoid a series defeat in IND vs AUS 3rd T20I on Tuesday, November 28 at Guwahati. Australia could recall World Cup final hero Travis Head in the XI for the must-win game.
After a narrow defeat in the first T20I, the Men in Yellow made included all-rounder Glenn Maxwell and spinner Adam Zampa in the XI for the 2nd T20I. However, the move didn’t yield a positive result as the visitors suffered a 44-run defeat to go 2-0 down in the series.
Jason Behrendorff likely to return
Despite being the standout performer with ball in the first game, Jason Behrendorff was dropped in the 2nd game. However, the decision turned out to be a wrong one as other pacers, including Sean Abbott and Nathan Ellis went for plenty.
The management is likely to bring back Jason in place of Sean Abott for the third T20I to restrict the Indian batters.
Australia Playing XI: What to expect?
- Steve Smith will continue to open.
- Travis Head is likely to replace Matthew Short in Australia playing XI for third T20I.
- All-rounders Marcus Stoinis and Tim David will feature in the middle order.
- Glenn Maxwell will continue to play finisher’s role despite a poor outing in 2nd T20I.
- Captain Matthew Wade will continue as the primary wicket-keeper for Australia.
- Pacer Jason Behrendorff will return and spearhead the pace attack.
- Adam Zampa and Tanveer Sangha will be two spinners in the XI.
Probable Australia Playing XI
- Steve Smith
- Travis Head
- Josh Inglis
- Marcus Stoinis
- Tim David
- Glenn Maxwell
- Matthew Wade (capt, wk)
- Jason Behrendorff
- Nathan Ellis
- Adam Zampa
- Tanveer Sangha
Australia squad for IND vs AUS T20Is: Matthew Wade (c), Aaron Hardie, Jason Behrendorff, Sean Abbott, Tim David, Nathan Ellis, Travis Head, Josh Inglis, Glenn Maxwell, Tanveer Sangha, Matt Short, Steve Smith, Marcus Stoinis, Kane Richardson, Adam Zampa.