Team India had a lot of boxes ticked in their win at Thiruvananthapuram and will look to stick with same XI for the third T20I as well.
The India Cricket Team will be in the box seat to seal the series when they face Australia in 3rd T20I on Tuesday, November 28 at Barsapara Stadium, Guwahati. While the Men in Blue secured a last-ball win in the 1st T20I, the second T20I turned out to be a one-sided affair as Suryakumar Yadav and Co. secured a 44-run win to go 2-0 up in the 5-match T20I series. Team India had a lot of boxes ticked in their win at Thiruvananthapuram and will look to stick with same XI for the third T20I as well.
Team India to continue with Ravi Bishnoi and Axar Patel
Indian cricket fans were expecting to see all-rounder Washington Sundar in place of Ravi Bishnoi after latter’s disastrous outing in the first T20I. Apart from leaking runs, the young spinner had a horrid outing on the field as well.
However, the team management stuck with Bishnoi for the 2nd T20I and the youngster repayed the faith reposed in him with a 3-wicket haul.
All-rounder Axar Patel also had a disappointing outing in 1st T20I but the all-rounder made a comeback with an economical spell in the second game.
Both players are expected to keep their places for 3rd T20I as well which means all-rounder Washington Sundar might have to stay on the bench.
Team India Playing XI: What to expect?
- Yashasvi Jaiswal and Ruturaj Gaikwad scored fifties in the 2nd T20I and will look to continue to provide brisk starts.
- Ishan Kishan smashed his second fifty in a row and has nearly cemented his place in T20I setup.
- Tilak Varma hasn’t got a chance to showcase his batting skills in the series so far but he will be eager to get more opportunities.
- Axar Patel has not been his best in last few months but the all-rounder will get a go ahead of Washington Sundar for the 3rd T20I.
- Ravi Bishnoi will be the lone member in specialist spin department.
- Prasidh Krishna and Arshdeep Singh spearhead the pace attack. Meanwhile, Mukesh Kumar will look to continue to showcase his death bowling skills.
India Probable Playing XI vs AUS 3rd T20I:
- Ruturaj Gaikwad
- Yashasvi Jaiswal
- Ishan Kishan (WK)
- Suryakumar Yadav (C)
- Tilak Varma
- Rinku Singh
- Axar Patel
- Ravi Bishnoi
- Arshdeep Singh
- Mukesh Kumar
- Prasidh Krishna
India squad for IND vs AUS T20 series: Suryakumar Yadav (Captain), Ruturaj Gaikwad (vice-captain), Ishan Kishan, Yashasvi Jaiswal, Tilak Varma, Rinku Singh, Jitesh Sharma (wk), Washington Sundar, Axar Patel, Shivam Dubey, Ravi Bishnoi, Arshdeep Singh, Prasidh Krishna, Avesh Khan, Mukesh Kumar, Shreyas Iyer (from 4th T20)